Thanks for the response.  That appears to have been the issue.

-----Original Message-----
From: Jeremy Farrell [mailto:jfarr...@pillardata.com]
Sent: Monday, July 19, 2010 5:03 PM
To: General discussion for Windows Installer XML toolset.
Subject: Re: [WiX-users] Logging Error

Perhaps Windows path separators (\) in the paths?

> From: Thode, Katelyn [mailto:katelyn.th...@guidancesoftware.com]
>
> I am attempting to log the installation of a package I
> created.  When I run the following command line:
>
> msiexec.exe /I "C:/comp/code/libdbg/tfuInstaller.msi" /l*v
> "C:/Documents and Settings/name/My Documents/tfuInstaller.txt"
>
> I get an error message that states:
> This installation package could not be opened.  Verify that
> the package exists and that you can access it, or contact the
> application vendor to verify that this is a valid Windows
> Installer Package.
>
> If I go to the directory and run the .msi from there, the
> installer runs.  Am I doing something wrong?
Note: The information contained in this message may be privileged and
confidential and thus protected from disclosure. If the reader of this
message is not the intended recipient, or an employee or agent responsible
for delivering this message to the intended recipient, you are hereby
communication in error, please notify us immediately by replying to the
message and deleting it from your computer.  Thank you.