I changed the util:user to use sa as the user and it worked. So the problem
is definitely a permissions issue.

The problem is that I have to be able to use Windows authentication. When
the database is created the flag is set to create the current user as an
administrator (ADDCURRENTUSERASSQLADMIN="True"). Also I can see the current
user as an administrator.

How do I have WIX create the database using the current user?