Sean, I was able to get your suggestion to work perfectly, and it is FAST!

Steps I performed in case anyone needs this info:

1) Used WinRAR to build a self extracting SFX archive for my install package
that contained 3600 files.  I set the setup.exe with all my quiet
install/suppress reboot switches to run after the archive expands.  This is
all set inside the WinRAR SFX advanced option tab.

Just as a note, this 3600 file setup package I am trying to include in my
Burn chain is a setup.exe that calls an MSI.  I almost got tripped up by not
understanding the return code from my MSI:

2) In Burn, I had to add an ExitCode of 4010 as successful because I am
suppressing reboot of my package until the next two packages in my chain
complete.  MSI return code for [Success + Reboot needed to complete install]
= 3010.  WinRAR adds 1000 to each exit code so I had to make sure 4010 was
seen as successful by Burn.  (Took me several hours to figure out what was
going on here but I finally did)

Setup and speedy and fluid.  Thanks so much for your suggestion.