Thank you for that tip! I will definately use that.

Now i only need to understand why melt doesn't take care of the paths in
the wixpdb files, eventhough i'm using bindpaths.

From:   Phill Hogland <phogl...@rimage.com>
To:     wix-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Date:   2015-03-04 17:20
Subject:        Re: [WiX-users] Including files to installer with bindpath
-bestpractice?

Another approach is to use named bindpaths like this: (which in VS IDE can
be
edited in the project's properties page (or by unloading the project)

    <LinkerAdditionalOptions>
      $(LinkerAdditionalOptions)
      -nologo
      -b foo="$(MySourceRoot)\source_path\foo\\"
    </LinkerAdditionalOptions>

For $(MySourceRoot) I define that in another .targets file that I load
into
all projects, or sometime I don't use the targets file and use a relative
path as you indicated.

Rather than this:
"..\Protocol\bin\Release\"
you could use:
"..\Protocol\bin\$(Configuration)\"

Dive into the World of Parallel Programming The Go Parallel Website,
sponsored
by Intel and developed in partnership with Slashdot Media, is your hub for
all
things parallel software development, from weekly thought leadership blogs

The information in this email may be confidential and/or legally privileged. It
has been sent for the sole use of the intended recipient(s). If you are not an
intended recipient, you are strictly prohibited from reading, disclosing,
distributing, copying or using this email or any of its contents, in any way
whatsoever. If you have received this email in error, please contact the sender
by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message. Please also be
advised that emails are not a secure form for communication, and may contain
errors.