Dear WiX Support,

I've been trying to add a text file to an MSI package to be used by a custom
action, but without success. I have added two files to the Binary table as
shown below.

<Binary Id="CustomActions.dll"
SourceFile="..\CustomAction1\bin\Release\CustomAction1.CA.dll" />
<Binary Id="products.ini" SourceFile=".\products.ini" />

At install runtime, I saw only CustomAction1.dll in the WiX temp folder
(example: C:\Windows\Installer\MSI5F76.tmp-). Is there any way I can add the
text file to the package without installing it, and access it at install
runtime?

Thanks a lot,
Miaohsi

Miaohsi Wang   |   Schneider Electric   |   Invensys   |   SimSci & IntelaTrac
Software   |   Software Engineer
Phone: +1 949-455-8147
Email:
miaohsi.w...@schneider-electric.com<mailto:miaohsi.w...@schneider-electric.com>
 Site: www.simsci.com<http://iom.invensys.com/en/pages/SimSci.aspx>   |
Address: 26561 Rancho Parkway South, Lake Forest, CA 92630, USA

*** Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail

*** Confidentiality Notice: This e-mail, including any associated or attached
files, is intended solely for the individual or entity to which it is
addressed. This e-mail is confidential and may well also be legally privileged.
If you have received it in error, you are on notice of its status. Please
notify the sender immediately by reply e-mail and then delete this message from
your system. Please do not copy it or use it for any purposes, or disclose its
contents to any other person.