Hello Michael,

>Is there a good tutorial anywhere that covers this stuff?
>What I'm looking for is things like how to align the label in relation to
>the input field it relates to, how to have the labels all aligning to the
>right, and the input fields aligning to the left of a line down the page (I
>used to use two columns of a table, right-align the left cells, and
>left-align the right cells).

Here is an example:
http://www.quirksmode.org/css/forms.html

But you should know: Exactly this wish to style forms doesn't work in NN6 and NN7.0.
Me and many collegues tried a lot of things to fix the bug, but there's no way yet to
solve the problem.
So there are three ways: you can use a simple table or you complete your html with
unsemantic tags or you develop a not so well looking but accessible styling.

Greetings
Stefan