Matthias wrote:

I want a type of three-col layout inside a wrapper. On the right-hand-side is a nav at the top, no big deal (a float or position:absolute does the trick). In the middle there is the content (no trick at all, I think). On the left-hand-side there shall be a support/credit box (validation icons, copyright, such things). THIS BOX shall be positioned at the bottom of the wrapper or the screen, whatever is cross-browser possible. Fixed positioning (to the screen) works fine in Opera, but IE (...you know it...).

I'm not sure, but you might find what you're looking for at http://www.brainjar.com/css/positioning/ or http://www.positioniseverything.net/piefecta-rigid.html. The p.i.e.example may take some digging and studying to find what you want. (I still haven't figured out how it's working, but then again, I haven't tried very hard either. So much for the free lunch.)