On Tue, 24 Aug 2004 14:31:12 +1000, Anura Samara wrote:
> I am well on the way to developing new designs for our site. However, in
> having the design tested for accessibility, I have run into some problems
> with the way Opera handles zooming.

Hi Anura,

The only time I had problems with Opera's zooming was due to
positioning right. Opera respects this right position when zooming,
and, as you noticed, squishes the middle.

If you want Opera to expand out to the right of the browser window,
I suggest positioning to the left and using a left margin. Depending
on your content, you could also use percent margins on the center
column large enough to allow the right column to expand without
overlapping. Hard to advise without seeing your code.

That's assuming your problem is with absolute positioning.

Life. Love. Peace.
David
--
David Hucklesby, on 8/25/2004
"Pieces" - daily news at <http://www.hucklesby.com/>

Proud presenters of Web Essentials 04 http://we04.com/
 Web standards, accessibility, inspiration, knowledge
To be held in Sydney, September 30 and October 1, 2004