Hi there,  I'm a XHTML CSS newbie. (Looking forward to meeting some of you
at WE04)
I've developed a small site for my client (internal company technical team)
which I've hand-coded using XHTML 1.0 transitional + CSS.
The site content is sort of like a big user guide, with four main parts (my
global nav) and two levels of pages in each part. I have a local nav in a
separate div, containing the <ul> for the hierarchical page links. So far
so good: it looks pretty good & validates .

NOW, the client has decided that after handover he will need the ability to
easily add new pages whenever he needs to (as additional topics not yet
know become required.)  He's an open source techie type and will hand code
the pages, so an authoring tool won't be used.
He wants me to change the site so that it uses frames.  The local nav would
be in the left frame & the global nav & content divs in the right.  This
would enable him to easily add a page wherever he wants to in the site, in
future, and he'll only have to update the local nav frame to add the new
page (rather than update the <ul>s in a whole section of pages.. as many as
20 in some sections. )

I've got something rather ugly working, but (finally!) here's my question:
I understand that my content page & local nav framed pages should not have
<head> elements. So how can I pull in my CSS to work with these? Ideally,
I'd like to keep as much of my previous css as possible, by having the
content & local nav link to the CSS file

any suggestions?

thanks..
Daniela Meleo

Regards,
Daniela Meleo

IBM Business Consulting Services
User Experience Team
Phone: 0412 137 609   or   9354 4558
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
@ work TUES--FRI

Proud presenters of Web Essentials 04 http://we04.com/
 Web standards, accessibility, inspiration, knowledge
To be held in Sydney, September 30 and October 1, 2004