John Horner said:
>That's not the case, luckily. Can you say how you came to that
understanding?

John , that's a relief. I (in a slight panic) found this article
http://www.sitepoint.com/article/frames-frame-usage-explained/3

around the sixth paragraph, it notes that <head> info shouldn't be included
on the content frame. I should have known better & checked for myself!

I raised SSIs, which are beyond my skill to develop, but for various
reasons that won't be an option.
I've just put back the head & style link & it's looking much better...
thanks!

Regards,
Daniela Meleo

Proud presenters of Web Essentials 04 http://we04.com/
 Web standards, accessibility, inspiration, knowledge
To be held in Sydney, September 30 and October 1, 2004