On 16 Oct 2004, at 3:13 PM, Shane Helm wrote:

I'm not sure where I've gone wrong, but I must get a PC to check from now on. Must go shopping. Oh no, will I actually own a PC. Dreadful... Just teasing you PC folks. :)

I'm with you, Shane - I'd never use anything but a Mac as my main development machine. And swore fervently that I'd never own a PC. But as a developer, I accept that (a) I have to check my builds cross-platform, and (b) Microsoft get it wrong. My solution? Virtual PC. It's a boon, and not that expensive. The program is US$129, or US$249 including WinXPPro. The great thing is, once installed, you can run multiple PCs - so I have Win98, Win2K, and XP 'machines' - all right on my Mac. Cheap, cheap investment for effective testing. Never thought I'd be promoting MS software, but there ya go. See <http://www.microsoft.com/mac/> for a tour/demo.

I know this is drifting OT - apologies. So no replies here, please. If you (or anyone) wants to know more about the PC-on-Mac experience, email me direct.

Omnivision. Websight.
http://www.omnivision.com.au/