[WSG] Embed tag, and web standards

Tue, 19 Oct 2004 06:52:43 -0700

Hello
Jaime of sodesires told me about this site and nice to see that a lot
of healthy discussion is going on here.

I came to know about web standards very recently and i'm trying to do
a site implementing it. In one of the pages i have to play windows and
real media and for that i'm using a combination of  <object> and
<embed> tags. But <embed> is not supported by w3c and object tag alone
didn't  display the player for me in mozilla. I found a similar issue
solved for flash at alistapart.com. Has anyone ecountered this before
for media players.

Any suggestions/help will be highly appreciated.

Thank you for your time and consideration