Jason

I developed http://www.anigane.info/en/ & http://www.anigane.info/zh-tw/ earlier this year, looking at them might help you

What I found worked best was translating the parts of the site which were repeated eg: navigation, contact info in the footer once and using them as a template for all pages to save retranslating the same info over and over for each page

Neerav Bhatt
http://www.bhatt.id.au
Web Development & IT consultancy

http://www.bhatt.id.au/blog/ - Ramblings Thoughts
http://www.bookcrossing.com/mybookshelf/neerav

Jason Foss wrote:
Greetings!

I have a client who wants part of their website translated into a few other
languages, some of them Asian (Chinese & Korean are a couple). I have
obtained a couple of quotes from translation agencies to actually do the
translations, but does anyone have experience with actually implementing
this sort of thing in a website?

The easy way is to make an image out of the translation and pop that there -
but I don't want to do that for obvious reasons!!! I'm reading a bit about
character sets and encoding, but it's all a bit abstract at this point. Any
experiences or how-to references would be much appreciated!

Ta
Jason
Jason Foss
Almost Anything Desktop Publishing
www.almost-anything.com.au
Telephone: (07) 4927 8033
Facsimile: (07) 4927 5312
Windows Messenger: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
9 Unmack Street, North Rockhampton, Queensland 4701
We can do almost anything!