Daniel Bowling wrote:
shouldn't it be in a way that any reader can see
the attribution?
Of course. Unfortunately, this is a user agent issue, and no mainstream browser (as far as I'm aware of) exposes this attribute to the user. It *can* be visually displayed via CSS (:before / :after and the content rule), but that's not really good enough. It's similar to the issue I have with the longdesc attribute, which again is not really presented to users in any reasonable way (and prompted me to write a quick and dirty extension for firefox http://www.splintered.co.uk/experiments/55/ )
One can only hope that browser manufacturers/developers will take this on board at some point...

Patrick H. Lauke
http://redux.deviantart.com