Iain Harrison wrote:
Sunday, November 14, 2004, 8:02:50 PM, Patrick wrote:

In my experience IE doesn't resize ems consistently. I've come to use %
for the base (on the html), then em (on the body)

Eh? That makes no sense to me. Body is a child of html.

I'm not disputing that. What I'm saying is: I use

html { font-size: 100%; }

to get IE to play nice again when resizing (using View -> Text-size), as it has a major flaw if you just use straight ems (the jumps between sizes are far too great).

after that, I have

body { font-size: 0.8em; }

or whatever.

Also note that, in practice, it seems that ems and percentages are interchangeable (if we leave aside the IE em resizing bug), so I could also say

body { font-size: 80%; }

Patrick H. Lauke
http://redux.deviantart.com