Hey everyone
I've been hacking away at this all day, the strange ghost words.
I finally came up with a holly hack to make it a bit better.
Here's what I was coming across.

I have a series of titles/inputs that are very similar and play well. Then,
there is one with a longer title and it wraps. Next, I have one long title
(ages of travelers) that should stretch across the left nav. I found that I
needed to put an empty div with a class to clear the floating above it. After
this longer title, there are a series of ten smaller inputs (ages) that should
float against each other to create two rows of five inputs.  Unfortunately, the
age inputs wanted to skip the age input label and rest against the title above
it, which was taller than its input, due to the text wrapping.

Does this make sense so far?
here's a page to look at:
http://www.csavg40.com/csa/sitemap-cheap-travel-insurance.do

So, the solution that I found was the holly hack to give the labels a height:1%
for IE and to hide it from IE5.5.
This made the age boxes stay below the age input title and the text is no
longer ghosted.

If you look at the above link, you will see the bad text for about an hour and
I will probably upload the fixed pages before I leave tonight.

Ted