Then I deal to/with IE/PC. I always use the * html hack at the end of my stylesheet to deliver styles to these browsers (5, 5.5, 6), and if the number of fixes get big enough I then put them into an external style sheet and hide that from nonIE using conditional comments.

Then on to IE/Mac, if I can get away with it I use the * html hack again at the end of my stylesheet for this browser, checking the result against my IE/PC stylesheet, but some people put styles for this browser in another file and include it with a filter.

Keep it as simple as possible and only hack browser which are 'dead' or 'dumb'.

so I recommend using only two hack if you can do it:

* html {//stuff}                        for IE

/* \*/ {//stuff}/* */                   to hide rules from Mac IE

HTH

Terrence Wood

On 2004-12-01 6:08 PM, Seona Bellamy wrote:
Hi guys,

I have a site I'm doing for a graphic designer friend of mine, and one of
the things I needed to do was to absolutely position each element of the
navigation because she wanted to have them follow the shape of the design.
So far so good, and I put together a working template on her Mac when I was
there yesterday. I've since taken the files home so I can continue working
on them, looked at the template on my PC and found that all of the
navigation is out of whack. :(

I was thinking of creating a second stylesheet with a new set of positioning
rules that would be hidden from Mac browsers and hide the current one from
PC browsers (no need to make everyone download everything). So is this a job
for conditional comments? Or is there another way to do this? Do I need to
just use hacks to hide the extra rules, so that everyone downloads
everything and only processes the relevant bits? Either way, what would be
the recommended syntax?

Cheers,

Seona.

--
"You know you've achieved perfection in design, not when you have nothing more to add, but when you have nothing more to take away." -Antoine de Saint-Exupery