I'm curious as to how you do that, because to my mind it's a great idea.
Keeping it out of the markup would make sure that the code of the page
itself remains nice and lean and would also make it easier to remove the
popups altogether if such a feat was necessary.

If you could elaborate on that, either on or off list, I'd really appreciate
it. :)

Cheers,

Seona.