> <object src="http://www.yourdomain.tld"/audio/your.snd";
> type="MIME/GoesHere" />
>
> ...Thats only from the top of my head, you'll have to check to see if it
> works, of course, but that should work in browsers that interpret the
> <object> tag appropriatley

Browsers that interpret the object tag correctly... You mean both of them? lol.
I''ve played this game before, you won't get very broad support using
the <object> method.
I usually use Flash to insert sound, as it
a) has more reliable support across different UA/OS combo's
b) offers more control to you and the user. (ie: big 'STOP' button for
those of use who hate web audio ;)

HTH,
Andrew.
http://leftjustified.net/