Actually you can bypass the whole <OBJECT> code and just use Javascript. Below
is code I found
that goes right after the <BODY> tab (Not in the <BODY> tag). Just change the
var musicsrc to your
file.

Note this will be pure background music play. Meaning there is not audio
controller on the page.

<script language="JavaScript" type="text/JavaScript">
<!--
/* Background music script */
var musicsrc="http://www.designerconcreteconcepts.com/song.mp3";
if (navigator.appName=="Microsoft Internet Explorer")
        document.write('<bgsound src='+'"'+musicsrc+'"'+' loop="infinite">')
else
        document.write('<embed src=\"'+musicsrc+'\" hidden="true" border="0"
width="20" height="20"
autostart="true" loop="true">')
//-->
</script>