Hi Alan,

>>I just found you that the style attribute is depreciated
>>in xhtml 1.1. Does this  mean that it will eventually be
>>obolete?
It depends on what you mean by "obolete". Deprecated means that it's part of
the spec but the construct is outdated and its use is strongly discouraged. The
next version of XHTML is 2.0 which won't get wide acceptance for 5 to 10 years.
It's in Working Draft status. In it, the "style" is not flagged "deprecated"
but that can change. Here is what the spec says:

Note: use of the style attribute is strongly discouraged in favor of the style
element and external style sheets. In addition, content developers are advised
to avoid use of the style attribute on content intended for use on small
devices, since those devices may not support the use of in-line styles.
Source: http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml2/mod-styleAttribute.html

>>If so, what do they expect us to do for inline
>>styles because it doesn't always make sense
>>to have everything in an external style sheet.
Can you provide some example of how you want to use inline formatting?

Regards,
-Vlad
http://xstandard.com