> Stevio

> Should I keep it in the m4a format or use mp3 or use something else?

I'd opt for mp3

> I got it working with the following code:

> However, it doesn't work in Firefox. I need something that
> will work in
> different browsers and different platforms.

As much as I hate saying it, you may consider using flash. I just recently
created a small player shell in flash, which displays the standard player
controls but takes the mp3 file to play as a parameter of the url (similar
to the "sacrificial" shell flash file used in the satay method.

For users without flash, you can then also include a "download this file"
link directly to the mp3.

I may upload an experiment later tonight, showing this loader in action.

Patrick
Patrick H. Lauke
Webmaster / University of Salford
http://www.salford.ac.uk