On Tuesday, June 14, 2005 9:56 PM, Terrence Wood wrote:
> I completely agree, and have been involved in translating legislation
> into a web format. It's a shame that the start attribute has been
> deprecated in XHTML (last I looked).

Well, there is always HTML 4.01 for these cases (legislation, such as John
has suggested). In such cases, we can still use perfectly well-formed, valid
markup. And, in this case, I would argue more semantically correct markup,
and likely a better choice of DOCTYPE.

As has already been said, simply choosing the right DOCTYPE for the job may
not be enough, though, given that we still don't really know to what degree
punctuation matters.

Cheers,
Derek.
--
Derek Featherstone     [EMAIL PROTECTED]
phone: 613.599.9784;   toll-free: 1.866.932.4878 (North America)