I'd remove all the "ยป" in each list item and replace this with an image on
the item bullet points.

Also adding a label and/or legend on the search field (and hiding it with
CSS if desired) would increase usability.

Personally I'd also 'no-repeat' the bg image as it doesn't look as good on
pages with a lot of content.

I just noticed that there is something disabling the scroll-bars. Which is
not good when the browser window is smaller than the content or the
font-size is increased. This makes the site hard to use.

Rowan