I've been beating my head against a wall all weekend, trying to create a new site using css for positioning. Clearly there are a few things I'm not getting about which tag goes in which spec / what's the best approach to create a free floating centered body of fixed width.

I'd much appreciate some help.
The page I'm creating is at:
http://www.redbonepress.com/index1.htm
and the css is at:
http://www.redbonepress.com/redbonestyles.css

I finally got the page to look right in Firefox + Safari, but it's not even close in IE. (It was really messed up in all three for a while). The three elements: masthead, sidebar and main content just don't want to stay where they belong.

I'm sorry that this question is so broad - and thanks. I'm hoping this list can help me, or else I'm going to give up and build a table for positioning.

thanks,
jen

jenSimmons
http://www.jensimmons.com