There's a js style switcher on the page at the top right for those with better ideas than mine:

How about moving the background image info from the body to the #container in layout-centre.css?

Damian

G'day

Here's a screenshot of what I'm experiencing
http://media.compliance.org.au/data/jumpy_bkg.gif
Note that you also need to have the page set to the centered layout
for it to happen.

Uhmmm. What do you mean with "have the page set to the centered layout"? Is this some obscure browser option or plug-in? I do get the jumping horizontal scrollbar, which is a direct effect of the content expanding with the long text on submenu items.

Regards --
Bert Doorn, Better Web Design
http://www.betterwebdesign.com.au/
Fast-loading, user-friendly websites