I think it's important to NOT expect users to know how to do this or even be vaguely technically literate. Doctors, for example, shouldn't have to be IT experts. They fix people not machines. It's simply not their job or responsibility to be forced to learn the HUGE amount of stuff that as developers we've crammed into our head. This doesn't mean they should be penaliseed and not allowed to see web sites or interact as freely on the web as the rest of us.

Isn't that part of the point of accessibility?

----- Original Message ----- From: "Lea de Groot" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [WSG] Text choices on our own sites

Not necessarily - corporately, some IT departments will turn off
Javascript pre-emptively for non-trusted sites.
This does not mean that the user will be aware, or understand, this.
:(

warmly,
Lea