-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Alexander Jerabek
Sent: Friday, 11 November 2005 11:48 a.m.
To: wsg@webstandardsgroup.org
Subject: [WSG] hiding legend tag

Hi everybody,

I'm working on an accessible form the has all fieldset, legend, label
elements properly included.
But I'd also like the form to be styled in a minimalist fashion with the
option of toggling the labels on and off.

I can hide the label elements using the  'off stage' technique
(position:absolute; left: -100em; width: 100em;), but the legend element
cannot be repositioned or easily manipulated, and I don't want to use
display:none; or visibility:hidden;.

So I came up with this:

legend{margin:-1em; font-size:0px;}

In Mozilla the 0px makes the text invisible, but only miniscule in IE so
I used margin:-1em; is to push it under the drop down menu in the form.

My question is: does anybody know if this will have adverse affects on
accessibility or if there are any other weird problems with using this
technique?

You can see the form here:
http://132.206.197.7/labels/

css is here: