On Mon, 14 Nov 2005 12:09:42 +0000, designer wrote:
> I've been having a little bother with validation of my PHP generated
> pages. I'm new to PHP/mySQL and I'm finding that some peculiar things
> happen, such as </body> and </html> appear in the middle of the code.
> (???)  Also, I find that submitting a URL such as:
>
> $myurl="testdate.php?houseID=$housename&changeID=$changeover";
>
> causes problems in that the generated pages don't validate: the
> ampersands seem to confuse the validator.
>
> Are these problems common, and is there somewhere I can find advice
> on such things?

The ampersand problem is very common - basically you need to escape the
ampersand to &amp; (or one of the other choices). As a raw '&', the
browser is expecting there to be the rest of a character entity after
it.

The </body> insertion is something else again - there must be a problem
in your code, but its probably beyond the scope of this list :(

warmly,
Lea
--
Lea de Groot