On 06/12/2005, at 1:01 AM, Donna Jones wrote:
I need to be able to explain, by looking at the surface, the difference between standards coding versus "you-know-what".

Another point: standards based markup is lighter - their overall bandwidth will be lower, meaning they can buy the cheaper hosting package. Granted, hosting doesn't cost much these days, but this is a non- profit and the bottom line is normally very important there. I would compare the weight of the two sets of pages and predict when you will need to change up to the next (more expensive) hosting package for the two implementations. Then I would mutter about how you're probably wrong because with the heavier pages the bots probably won't spider as well and they are liable never to achieve great rankings...
The contrast of savings money and not getting rankings is often enough.

The flip side is the accessability (which you've already mentioned) - as a non-profit do they have higher standards to meet? You appear to be in the UK - aren't the accessability rules for groups receiving govt money (I assume thats where the extra funds appeared from) fairly stringent over there? 'We have to meet accessability rules and *that* doesnt do it' is probably your biggest pushing point.

HIH
Lea
--
Lea de Groot