From: "Absalom Media" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

So where's the dividing line between table based design and CSS driven ?

My searching thus far has turned up Meyer, comments about the Zen
Garden, and a few other proponents across the Net implying or stating that CSS driven means pretty much all CSS based, not just some.. and I'd
like to know why they are right.

While it's usually best if you can lay out a page without tables, tables and CSS are not mutualy exclusive. Tables are not the opposite of CSS :-). This scenario also separates presentation from structure:

markup:

Main content

Sidebar

CSS:
#content {
padding: 1.5em;
border: 1px solid black;
}
#sidebar {
padding: 1.5em;
border: 1px solid black;
background-color: green;
}

Of course, it's just as easy to use DIVs and sometimes even to use nothing :-)
http://65.110.72.165/tutorials/articles/css/div_less/

Al Sparber
PVII
http://www.projectseven.com

"Designing with CSS is sometimes like barreling down a crumbling mountain road at 90 miles per hour secure in the knowledge that repairs are scheduled for next Tuesday".