On 15/12/05 2:49 PM, "Paul Noone" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi Lachlan,
>
> Thanks for that but I was actually wanting to center align justified text
> for a particular purpose. Evidently my experiment is invalid.
>
> Thanks anyway.

Justified text runs full-width and aligns to both left and right margins,
and is hence incompatible with the concept of being "centred". This is also
why it's less legible - the "rivers of white space" alluded to already are
caused by varying and inconsistent word spacing, which makes the eye jump
from word to word instead of tracking smoothly. I'd also have to dispute
that it looks "better", but that's just subjective on my part.

--
Kevin Futter
Webmaster, St. Bernard's College