From: "Paul Noone" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Well, I've been interested in the whole justified text issue for a while and think Joshua raises an interesting point. I don't generally use it to style paragraphs because I personally don't like its appearance but I wasn't aware
there were accessibility concerns.

If you're into justified text, the only browsers that can do a reasonable job are IE5.5x+ Windows, using a proprietary property. The programming is pretty darn good. It's nearly as good as the NY Times, actually. But it ain't standards and must be deployed via Conditional Comment. Take it and hide before somebody yells at us ;-)

<!--[if lte IE 6]>
p {
text-align: justify;
text-justify: newspaper;
}
<![endif]-->

Al Sparber
PVII
http://www.projectseven.com

"Designing with CSS is sometimes like barreling down a crumbling mountain road at 90 miles per hour secure in the knowledge that repairs are scheduled for next Tuesday".