I DON'T DESIGN FIXED WIDTH SITES. <-- unless the client really wants it and they have a good reason I don't want to scale images until all major browsers support antialiased or bicubic scaling methods. I don't want to clip images because I believe that correct proportions and good cropping is an important presentational technique. I don't want to read 20 posts from people telling me to use liquid layouts because that's not an issue in this thread

I WAS hoping that a couple of kind people might look at their server logs or stats and read off the resolution and % data for me. If no-one can do that or is willing to do it then I don't mind, but I believe that the list does not need another fixed-width vs. liquid debate.

Thanks

Stephen.
Christian Montoya wrote:
I think all your problems would be solved if you stopped designing
fixed width sites. Or at least most of your problems. I make sites
that look fine from 640px to 1280px. I use max-width to keep them from
getting too wide. I never have to think twice about what resolution to
support. The hard part is dealing with IE, since it doesn't do
max-width. Sometimes I give IE a fixed width, and sometimes I use
Javascript to force max-width on it.

A couple of articles on dealing with large images in liquid layouts:
http://www.clagnut.com/sandbox/imagetest/
http://www.michelf.com/weblog/2005/liquid-image/

Christian Montoya
christianmontoya.com ... rdpdesign.com ... cssliquid.com