From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Kevin Ross
Sent: Friday, 16 December 2005 5:05 AM
To: wsg@webstandardsgroup.org
Subject: [WSG] Frames ?

Hi.  I am new to the group and have a question.

I have a client who wants to set up his business site in such a way that his logo and "business presence" is always maintained when the client visits a link to one of the manufacturers that my client represents.

In other words, the site will have a header, a menu on the left and content under the header and to the right of the menu area.  When a customer clicks on a link (to a manufacturer site which my client represents) within the content area, he wants the new web page to open up only in the contents area and leave his header and menu intact.

Now, I am not a proponent of frames, but this sounds like frames to me.  Is there a way to do this using Web Standards and CSS (my preference) ?

If so, are there any examples of this out there ?

Thanks so much for any help you can give.

Regards,
KR