G'day

Peter Levan wrote:
I believe you can make use of the position: fixed css property to get
some frame-like behaviour

Which is fine if you have control over the whole page, but not if you're trying to display someone else's site within your own (not recommended), as asked in the original post.

Just another point to consider (apart from the other valid points raised about this practice), if my browser window is 750 pixels wide and you're using a 200px frame on the left, you don't leave much room for the other site to display in.

Regards
--
Bert Doorn, Better Web Design
http://www.betterwebdesign.com.au/