Vicki Berry said:
> Yes, definitely, I just don't know how to mark it up so I can keep my
> lists and the table.

The "In you dreams" solution.
Any chance it can be rewritten in *plain english* to remove the redundant
clauses and overuse of numbering?  Example: clause 1(b)is already
*explicitly* described by clause 1(a).

The "It's a legal document and can't be changed" or "Written by
laywer-types for lawyer-types" solution.

Because the document is written in leagalise I would not leave the
numbering up to HTML + CSS to interpret - hard code the values instead.

Forget about using lists - clauses are *not* list items - and instead
concentrate on marking the table up so that it linerises properly (i.e.
each charge is preceded by it's descriptor).

I believe it is a layout table (basically to line up the charges to the
right) *not* a data table because the header cells of "item" and "charges
GST.." can both be removed without loss of meaning for the table.
Therefore, I recommend you not add any special markup to it.(OK maybe the
GST included part is important - put it in the caption).

kind regards
Terrence Wood.