From: "russ - maxdesign" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Web Standards Group" <wsg@webstandardsgroup.org>
Sent: Tuesday, January 31, 2006 9:38 AM
Subject: Re: Moral High-horse - was Re: [WSG] Failed Redesign and the Media

As a "far-from-guru-status" Web Standards supporter/coder (I try) I have witnessed, on this list and on another css-specific list, quite a bit of condescending and 'forced-opinion' type of replies. It doesn't make for a
nice atmosphere when looking to these lists for help.

Completely agree. The most common off-list comments I receive are along the lines of "a great list, very helpful, but sometimes a bit of attitude".

Also, I don't think 'moral high-horse' is the right term for it though...

What about "web standards shetland pony"?

LOL. I've been guilty of editorializing (from differing perspectives) at times and I find that slowing the trigger on the send button along with a healthy does of mindfulness goes a long way :-). When you have too many chefs in the kitchen, things can start to get hot - or confusing, especially for those who came to learn.

--
Al Sparber