after reading the comments posted here, i guess that standards are what
makes you feel good.

maybe having a "set in stone" definition of what is tabular data and what
isn't would be easier than what we have?  it seems to me that the intent of
the author plays a big role in how the document is crafted.  i guess it is
hard for some to rid themselves of the need to craft pages layed out in
tables.  i guess that the definition of what is tabular data and what isn't
is still a gray area in the arena of standards.

dwain

On 3/6/07, [EMAIL PROTECTED] <