You might find the ideas on the following link interesting:
http://www.pearsonified.com/2007/04/definitive-guide-to-semantic-markup.php

Not a particularly good article in my opinion. He recommends serving site taglines in H2s and then post titles in H1s which in most cases would mean the H2 comes first which is wrong. As for this:

"Therefore, you shouldn’t serve sidebar headlines inside high and mighty <h2> tags. Based on everything we’ve covered so far, you should serve them inside <h3> or <h4> tags at the most."

Who says? How's he to know that people aren't displaying content in their sidebar which deserves to be introduced with a H2?

--
Tyssen Design
www.tyssendesign.com.au