Bottom line is Yes you Can use a Table if its appropriate, but you cannot
use a table
to layout your form.

As for lists, if its a list, the yes you can contain your form in a list.

We are talking about people abusing this and using lists and tables when not
needed.

On 5/24/07, Mariusz Nowak <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Jamie Collins wrote:
> You put:
>
> Using form doesn't exclude use of list or table
>
> To me thats telling me 'oh yes you can use a table or list' The only
> time i said
> a table is fine forms is if its a dynamic spreadsheet or a calander.
Of course you can use table or list within form as this is what form may
consist of  and (I'm not sure do you realize) you've just said it :)

> Ive demonstrated the use of forms without tables, and when i get time
> i will create an
> article that focuses on styling the forms and show you what can be
> achived.
>
> Its lack of knowledge that forces people to create tables to contain
> there forms for
> general layout purposes.
Lack of knowledge also makes people to build tables or lists using divs
;-)

> The saying goes again, a table is for tabular data, and if the
> tablular data needs a form
> (like a spreadsheet) then in this case it would be fine to use.
>
> I cant see any use for a list to be used to contain form data.
What about: Name your 5 favorite movies in order from most liked to less
liked (ordered list with input field for each item follows).

Medyk

--
Mariusz Nowak

Skype: mariuszn3