It still doesn't work - it's doing the same thing, but from directly beneath the text instead of from directly beneath the wrapper.

I haven't used position:relative much myself, so can't cast any light on why IE is behaving differently.

Given that it is treating position:relative differently from all the other browsers, I reckon using conditional comments and giving IE a different stylesheet for that one value would make sense.

Regards,

Simon

kevin mcmonagle wrote:

I put it inside the wrapper in the version below-it works as you suggested in ff and safari.
How does this look on your end?
http://www.eaf.textdriven.com/test2ie.html

simonmoss.co.uk
Tel: 0117 908 3831