On Jun 15, 2007, at 10:12 AM, Taco Fleur wrote:

I'm hoping someone can see the obvious on the following page and tell me
where I've gone wrong;

http://vasco.brucehighway.com/reports-hierarchical-display.htm
in Firefox it displays the totals on the right-hand side exactly where I
expect it to be.
In Internet explorer the numbers are aligning to the document and not to the
relative positioned elements as in Firefox.
Internet Explorer (6 but I've seen 7 acting up as well) doesn't know where 'right' is. It always computes that based on the nearest container that 'hasLayout' [1] and is positioned. In your case, I think it is <body> (I haven't gone through all of your stylesheets).

giving the parent <p> 'layout' _might_ solve the issue.

Why not a <table> ?

[1] http://www.satzansatz.de/cssd/onhavinglayout.html

Philippe
---