At 6/20/2007 07:52 AM, Richard Ishida wrote:
I put together a box that expands to accommodate larger text in translation, but I forgot that text on a submit button doesn't wrap :O

Original: http://www.w3.org/International/questions/qa-css-charset.en.php#endlinks (see the box to the right) First problematic translation: http://www.w3.org/International/questions/qa-css-charset.fr.php#endlinks

I want the text "Send us a comment" to look like a link, but trigger a POST, so I put the text in a submit button and styled it. Unfortunately the longer translations won't wrap that way.

Richard,

Another method is to create a transparent button image and place it on top of the text (i.e. in a layer between the text and the viewer), something like this:

<form action="script.php" method="post">
<input type="image" src="transparent-button.png" name="sendcomment" />
</form>

/* make all three elements the same size & resizable */
div,
div p,
div input
{
        font-size: 1em;
        width: 10em;
        height: 3em;
}
/* the div constrains the text & button */
div
{
        position: relative;
}
/* superimpose the text & button within the div */
div p,
div input
{
        position: absolute;