On 22/8/07 (14:41) Georg said:

>The real reason for me to not use 'CC' for separation, is that the
>versioning goes on on HTML level and adds unnecessary garbage to every
>single page.

That's a very good point.

And, I was about to follow it up with "I wish there was a way to use
conditional comments inside CSS" when I read further down your message
and  discovered that you'd answered it for me. Cheers.

In fact, once I read it I suddenly remembered (doh!) that I used
something very similar a few months ago, but had completely forgotten
about it:

  @import url("allBrowsersStyle.css");
  /* The following (non-valid) import rule will be seen by IE (Win) 5-7*/
  @import ieWin-fixes.css;

The IEWin5-7 import hack was culled from this page:
<http://imfo.ru/csstest/css_hacks/import.php>

I must be tired.

--
Rick Lecoat