My pet hate is people forcing pdfs to open in browser windows with javascript!

A plain old ordinary link at least lets you right click and download - some of us hate having the browser locked up for ages locked up waiting for the slow pdf plugin to load. I think anything that takes more than a few seconds to load should NEVER be used as a browser plugin ... its just too annoying..

Maybe one day browsers might load plugins as seperate processes so that they can be killed if they take too long to load ... ...? well I can hope for this... :-) because there will always be someone out there inconsiderate enough force such a plugin to be used!