Felix Miata wrote:
On 2007/12/17 15:30 (GMT) Paul McCann apparently typed:

Heads up, the BBC has a new site in Beta.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/home/beta

Thoughts/praise/comments :)

<snip> usual font stuff </snip>

Overall, better, but, worse than good.

Oh come on, let's not be so blinkered that we can't appreciate really good work in most areas!

I think it's a great homepage.

- The information architecture looks good. Directory options at the bottom are a nice feature.
- The "Customise homepage" feature looks easy and understandable
- I love how they've borrowed the NetVibes things of allowing people to move content blocks around the page - I'm not a huge fan of the colours, but it's not overwhelming and easy to orientate yourself on the page
- It's an interesting "pared-down" no-frills visual look
- The markup looks reasonably good
- Seems to work with javascript disabled

Well done I say. And streets ahead of comparable websites in NZ (and I'd wager elsewhere in the world):

http://tvnz.co.nz/
http://www.tv3.co.nz/
http://www.sky.co.nz/

Although not Radio NZ which is great: