A few things I noticed (being ultra-critical perhaps at this stage):

First three links on the page are invisible skip links that don't show up, even
on focus, plus there's another hidden link to accesskey definitions after the
"accessibility help" link.

On the separate "modules", it's initially confusing that clicking on the
expand/contract triangle and clicking on the actual heading itself has
different effects. I'd have expected clicking on a heading to trigger the
expand/contract, not take me to that particular section on the site (maybe it's
just me).

The design itself is not very subtle...the gradients are just a bit too heavy
and give a "bumpy" appearance. The gradient in the chunky footer makes the text
towards the bottom of the box (e.g. "Healthy living, parenting...") a bit hard
to read, as the contrast is far too low.

Search box has no LABEL, but a title attribute of "searchfield". They could
have wrapped the text in the legend of the fieldset as an actual label, perhaps

or just have a hidden (positioned off-screen) label for it (maybe with "search
terms" as label text).

Just navigating by keyboard and hitting "Reset homepage" brings up the
lightbox-style confirm/cancel dialog. However, the focus isn't set to this box,
to tabbing simply cycles through the *whole* page's links (behind the dimmed
"fog of war") before finally getting focus on the actual confirm/cancel buttons.

Speaking of buttons, confirm/cancel, reset homepage, save changes, cancel, edit
etc should possibly be actual BUTTON elements, not regular A links (for the
purists concerned with the distinction between links "going somewhere" and
buttons "performing an action").

Hitting the "edit" buttons when a module is collapsed has no apparent effect,
in which case they should remain hidden until expanded.

________________________________
Patrick H. Lauke
Web Editor
Enterprise & Development