From: "Ben Buchanan" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
crikey, that's some list. thanks Russ.
On the issue... it's something MS simply won't back down on no matter what
any of us think. So we may as well figure out how to deal with it.

Discuss? :) Surely this list has some opinions...

It's all about numbers. There are too many users lingering with old Windows versions and old browsers. Many of them refuse to upgrade because of sentiments similar to those couched in this thread. That is, they either dislike or distrust Microsoft. That's a tough position to be in. Others are quasi-competent developers running huge intranets laced with proprietary IE features. The folks who use the intranet, use their same antiquated IE browsers to view the public Web. I think Chris Wilson is a brilliant fellow and I also believe the IE team can make a browser as compliant as anyone else. Perhaps it's time for Microsoft to take some risks and forcibly push new browser versions out. Perhaps a marketing campaign to educate "civilians" and done as well as Apple's "I'm a Mac" ads would get things rolling along.

In any event, I think that Microsoft has demonstrated a commitment to standards and it might be time to cut them some slack.

--
Al Sparber - PVII
http://www.projectseven.com