hello,

i will do it in this way
http://www.gaspar.com.pt/ex/banner.gif

Cut the bottom of banner and then slice every images of the menus then cut
the image height.
Then in each link you put the image with diferents height and then the text.

Problems of this solution, if u use hover, you have to use a script that
change the src of img, easy with mootools and all images have a little
yellow blur that is part of the background of the image, u could for the
text to start a little down to dont cath de blur.

Or forget all this cut all images like the att and then

<ul>

But every link <a>, will have a diferent padding-top and background, and you
can use the hover.

Good luck for the site.
Cheers,
gaspar

2008/7/25 Web Dandy Design <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> Hi,
>
> I'm looking for some advice on the best way to put together the navigation
> for the following design: http://www.webdandy.co.uk/navigation-slice.jpg,
> so
> that it's standards compliant and accessible (and if at all possible avoids
> using images for the text under the nav buttons).
>
> Thanks,
>
> Elaine
>
> http://www.webdandy.co.uk

> Help: [EMAIL PROTECTED]